Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Feeling Lost: Day One of the New Year

Sigh...

I was really, really hoping that what I am meant to be doing with my life would come to me magically in a dream, and that I would wake up this morning with a mission and be excited about it. For months, I have been telling the universe to please provide me that information before I fall asleep. I'm trying to be patient, but it's hard...and I am so ready to move on and get excited about something new.

The one thing that I am looking forward to this year?? Well, I am so excited to attend the San Francisco Writer's Conference, and I am registered. February cannot come soon enough...so much to plan for, so much to get excited about. This year I would like to publish a book that I have been working on, and that is my dream. It's just not the only thing that I want to do, though.

What won't I be doing this year? Overcommitting myself. I wish I had all the time in the world to do everything I wanted to do, whether that is helping out at the school my girls attend, to saying "yes" every time that I am asked to help with something. I always want to help, and it is going to be hard to say no. It's time to focus. 2014 is the year to publish my book, and also the year where I figure it all out and become happy again.

I'm certainly going to try...

No comments:

Post a Comment