Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fear

I'm excited, but terrified.

I have always dreamt of writing a book, and I finally am. As I mentioned before, I am attending a writer's conference next month. That's why I am terrified. It's a journey that I have longed so badly to go on, but at the same time, I am so fearful of failing.

I am only about a third of the way through my book, and I know exactly what I am writing about, have my outline, etc. The fear is that no one cares or will be interested in reading it. Is it going to be something that people will want to read? I have no idea. Is it something where others have had similar experiences? Totally.

I fear about going to the conference and giving my pitch, and then being told that either it's too general or it has been told before (but differently). I don't know. I am writing this first memoir for me because there is a story that I personally want to share. And I want to tell it. Part of me doesn't even care what other people think, but deep down I know that's not true.

I want to be successful. Don't we all?

I know I am going to learn so much at this conference, and I am looking forward to gaining more knowledge. But, I am also more than ready to complete this chapter (no pun intended, I swear!) to find out what happens next.

Fear rant, complete.

1 comment:

  1. Always a mixed bag of emotions when you put yourself out for review by others. Just remember this, if you stick with it eventually you'll find your "army" of followers.

    ReplyDelete